Passeig Escullera. 43004 Tarragona
The system will begin operation on 18 May 2020
Passeig Escullera. 43004 Tarragona
It is a system to make it easier for transport companies to pick up cargos from the agri-bulk terminals that the Tarragona Port Authority places at the disposal of the different agents involved.
Website - Specific aspects can be dealt with by accessing the website using the code provided by the Port Authority.
Mobile app - Available soon. Lorry drivers will be able to use their mobile phones to view the assigned delivery loading point, date and time and to receive notifications of any changes or incidents.
Transport company - If you are a transport provider you will be registered by the first purchasing company that needs your services. After that, any purchasing company can assign deliveries to you.
Buyer or importer - You have to apply to the Port Authority to be registered on the system.
Driver - You have to register your transport company with a username and a password.
Terminal - The four agri-bulk terminal operating companies have already been registered.
The system benefits everyone involved in the process of collecting agri-bulk cargos (feed and cereals).
-Will be able to ascertain the availability of the requested merchandise and the day and time it can be collected by the transport company.
-Will be able to ascertain the actual collection time of the merchandise, thus improving traceability and production planning.
- Will be able to ascertain the demand at a particular time and, therefore, to make available the resources needed to plan the deliveries. This information will allow a reduction in the number of habitual incidents.
- The system will facilitate the detection of recurrent incidents and the establishment of mechanisms to deal with them.
- It will reduce the number of visits to the offices, as in most cases the lorry with be able to go directly to the loading point/scales.
The transport company and the lorry driver::
- With the merchandise located and the date, time and collection point specified, the operation will be optimised and the time spent in the Port will be reduced.
- Having an assigned time will facilitate queue management and the order in which the lorries are dealt with.
- Will be able to trace the status of each delivery procedure and the time register of each of the actions.
The system will begin operation on 18 May 2020.
The buyer will request an amount of grain from the terminal for a specific day.
The terminal will indicate the collection points.
The buyer will indicate which transport company will collect the load.
The transport company will be sent the order and the location.
The transport company will select an available time slot and will indicate the vehicle assigned to make the collection.
The terminal will assign an indicative time for collecting the cargo.
The driver will collect the load at the specified time and place.
Follow the indications of the transport company
Install the “Deliveries - Port Tarragona” app on your mobile phone to be kept informed of the day and time, the loading point and any possible changes or incidents.
Check the panels situated at different points in the port.
Sign up for one of the informative workshops to be organised by the Tarragona Port Authority in April 2020.
Register to receive documentation about the tool, updates, modifications to documents, information on training sessions and other relevant commercial information.
Documentation available once you have registered:
- Operating procedure (indications and good practice in the use of the SEA)
- Functional analysis