Posted in Port Community - APPORTT
This is a non-profit making association, established in July 1992, which brings together all the provincial financial sectors related to maritime activity.
Its main aims are the management and promotion of the common interests of the Port of Tarragona's companies by coordinating services to help, ease, develop and improve the business activities of its members.
The sectors represented are: provincial and local institutions, financial bodies, insurance firms, operators, and business users of the Port of Tarragona, as well as the entire fishing, transport and tourism sectors.
The action points are:
1.Inform, publicise and promote the service activities of the Port of Tarragona.
2. Introduce the Port of Tarragona to the Business World.
3. Organise business objectives to expand the regular operating lines in the Port of Tarragona, with the aim of promoting it as a regular port of call with the maritime lines operating in the Mediterranean, and consolidating goods trafficking and the volume of cargo generated; to reaffirm current business relation ships, promote loyalty and increase knowledge of the Port of Tarragona to both port bodies and to the international business community.
4. Organise conferences, acts, technical days and specialised visits relating to port activities.
5. Carry out and publish studies into the combined needs of the groups.
6. Advise and guide the associate businesses in foreign business practices.
7. Provide the groups with business contacts by way of visits to importers and exporters and/or organise business objectives to improve the economic interests of the groups.
8. Take part in congress, forums and international expositions.
9. Coordinate the editing of promotion material: annual reports, handbook, the quarterly magazine “Al Port”, etc
More info at: www.apportt.com